Job Title: Software Test Engineer
Reporting to: QA Team Lead
Salary: Reflective of Experience
Term: Full Time, Hybrid + Permanent (on successful completion of probationary period)
Firemelon is the UK leading provider of software solutions to the Travel and Pet Insurance sector. Through our flagship Magenta system, we provide a platform to sell insurance policies via call centres, direct websites and price comparison sites. Firemelon has a wide range of clients in the UK and worldwide from small brokers to large blue-chip organisations.
We are continuing with our ambitious plans for the future and are looking for talented people to join our fun and fast-paced company to help take us to the next level. We are committed to ensuring that everyone feels valued, respected and you’d be joining a team of talented, passionate individuals who have our clients’ needs at the heart of everything they do. We are a growing Company where every single person is encouraged to contribute to ideas, projects and ways of working. Every single member of the team is importance to the success of our business!
You will have, at least, 3 years commercial experience and have a significant amount of responsibility in the SDLC through test planning, execution and reporting for the products we provide to our clients. The role involves working in small teams or individually depending on the scale of projects and will involve developing test scenarios based on user stories and adding automation where possible. We work in with an agile methodology using JIRA and utilise Azure DevOps to ensure delivery of quality solutions.
You will be an IT or Engineering graduate with, at least, 3 years commercial experience working as a Software Test Engineer with the passion for technology, with the ability to discover vulnerabilities within both requirements and our products. You will be well organised and can work on multiple projects simultaneously. You are a self-starter and will have ample opportunity to contribute directly to the success of the Company.
- 2+ years’ experience in a software testing role
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or an IT related field (or equivalent third level qualification)
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans, test cases and test reports
- A good understanding of the software development process
- Self-initiate, work productively when unsupervised and multitask across multiple concurrent projects
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communications skills
- The ability to work in a team and as an individual
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to assume ownership of and optimize current processes
- Can recognise and flag issues outside area of own expertise or responsibility to manager
- Has proven experience with C# and Selenium
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Selenium
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation in Software Testing
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience in Jira, Azure DevOps, SoapUI would be beneficial
- Knowledge of IT Security, Penetration and Vulnerability Scanning
We have invested in a beautiful new top floor office space in Belfast City Centre giving us space to grow further and have introduced enhanced benefits as follows:
- Hybrid Working
- Flexible Working
- Continuous Professional Development
- Company Pension
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement
- Holiday Trading Scheme
- Private Healthcare and Wellbeing Membership
- Annual and Mid-Term Performance Reviews
- Social and Team Events
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Paid Lunch Hour
Firemelon is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this position
Please include your contact details and which position your are applying for
Click here to send us your cv, please include your contact details.