Senior Client & Project Manager
Belfast, UK, Full Time.
Firemelon is the UK leading provider of software solutions to the insurance sector. Through our flagship Magenta system, we provide a platform to sell insurance policies via call centre, direct websites and price comparison sites. Firemelon has a wide range of clients in the UK and worldwide from small brokers to large blue chip organisations.
We have ambitious plans for the future and are looking for talented people to join our fun and fast paced company to help take us to the next level. We are committed to making sure that everyone feels valued and respected and you’d be joining a team of talented, passionate individuals who have our clients’ needs at the heart of everything they do. We are a small but growing company where every single person is encouraged to contribute to ideas, projects and ways of working and everyone has such importance to our business.
We cannot achieve our big plans over coming years without a highly motivated workforce. Over the last couple of years, we have actively sought feedback and listened to what our teams want in their daily working lives. We invested in a beautiful new office in Belfast giving us space to grow further and have introduced enhanced benefits in areas such as pension, holiday entitlement, well-being and even a beer fridge!
This exciting, demanding role sits within the senior leadership team and is instrumental in ensuring our clients’ needs are met. You will lead the relationship management team focusing on excellent organisation, communication and management of expectations, in addition to client project management to facilitate their Software change. This role requires a quick learner, who can understand insurance software, become a product expert swiftly and hit the ground running, managing key accounts and a team of 2 who also manage relationships and projects and a UX designer.
This role is crucial to delivering our strategic plans in line with our mission statement “Exceeding client expectations with high quality, great value, travel and pet insurance systems managed by friendly product experts.”
You will be the central role in allocating all resources effectively throughout the company, managing both internal and external projects, ensuring we hit our business targets and clients’ needs effectively, whilst driving forward our product proposition. Your influencing and prioritisation skills will be well used when juggling conflicting priorities amongst teams to benefit both Firemelon and our clients. You will challenge the status quo on ways of working and processes.
In this fast paced environment, you must be a team motivator with the ability to prioritise important work, setting and hitting deadlines, taking a pragmatic and considered approach, paying close attention to details. You will need to employ strong oral and written communication skills, be a good problem solver and able to conduct difficult conversations with all levels of client businesses up to and including business owners and Directors. You will be passionate about clients and their businesses and will travel throughout the UK to meet them and understand how they use our systems and their future needs.
You will lead the smooth onboarding of new clients and implementation plans and will use resources in your team to ensure business analyst work is implemented alongside project management. You will strive for your team to be diligent in questioning clients regarding change to enable detailed requirement gathering and documentation, resulting in effective estimation processes and smooth delivery of change. You will drive process improvements for change requests and projects and will use your position on the senior leadership team to drive positive change throughout the business to ensure we retain our existing relationships and win new business.
The Senior Relationship Manager role has a small commercial element to it, helping Firemelon meet revenue targets through pricing structures for change and commercial negotiations supporting the Managing Director. You will also provide the necessary data to improve service and allow us to monitor resource, cost and whether our estimates are on track. You will recommend tools to deliver our service and be conscious of the cost.
- Key active member of the Senior Leadership Team, working with peers to actively lead our business and feed up to the board of Directors with suggestions, ideas and challenges.
- Identify improvements in client facing processes and ways of working and implement new processes where there are gaps or efficiencies to be made.
- Overall accountability for all internal and external projects.
- Overall management and visibility of the company resource plan.
- Prioritise projects and tasks, being creative, when faced with resource limitations.
- Lead and manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects.
- Work with clients, developers and other team members to produce requirements documents to aid the production of technical specifications.
- Instrumental in the estimation and technical proposal process supporting technical teams.
- Scope out requirements at the start of projects and document in a way that reduces ambiguity of scope or cost.
- Create project plans and deliver to dates communicated to clients.
- Produce Statement of Work documents for clients including scope of work for them to sign up to a delivery plan and costs for change.
- Critically analyse completed projects through retrospective meetings.
- Devise contact strategies which work for clients including quarterly face to face meetings for strategic clients.
- Host face to face client meetings with key clients and understand their business and needs.
- Be the escalation point for key strategic relationships that your team manage.
- Deal with escalated issues from clients with quick responses, solve problems with creative solutions.
- Set clear agendas and follow up client meetings with clear actions ensuring the rest of the team follow suit.
- Work with internal teams to drive quality and excellence for our clients.
- Attend industry conferences and events.
- Coach, mentor and motivate your team, including setting and appraising of objectives.
- Recruitment of team members when needed.
- Drive continual improvement through other areas of the business including support, release management, dev ops and testing.