HR & Office Manager
Belfast, UK, Full Time.
Firemelon is the UK leading provider of software solutions to the insurance sector. Through our flagship Magenta system, we provide a platform to sell insurance policies via call centre, direct websites and price comparison sites. Firemelon has a wide range of clients in the UK and worldwide from small brokers to large blue chip organisations.
We have ambitious plans for the future and are looking for talented people to join our fun and fast paced company to help take us to the next level. We are committed to making sure that everyone feels valued and respected and you’d be joining a team of talented, passionate individuals who have our clients’ needs at the heart of everything they do. We are a small but growing company where every single person is encouraged to contribute to ideas, projects and ways of working and everyone has such importance to our business.
We cannot achieve our big plans over coming years without a highly motivated workforce. Over the last couple of years, we have actively sought feedback and listened to what our teams want in their daily working lives. We invested in a beautiful new office in Belfast giving us space to grow further and have introduced enhanced benefits in areas such as pension, holiday entitlement, well-being and even a beer fridge!
We have 26 employees, mostly Belfast based with a few working remotely elsewhere in the UK. This role sits within the senior leadership team and is instrumental to ensuring our teams are high performing and motivated. This role is a permanent, part time role based on the equivalent of a 24-32 hour week. This could be similar to a 3-4 day week working standard hours, or it could for example, be a 5 day week with shorter hours, covering school times. There is flexibility on how many and what hours are worked.
The HR and Office Manager will provide the management team sound HR advice and guidance on employment legislation and will be responsible for all aspects of talent acquisition, employee development, employment law compliance, policy implementation and any management of employee benefits. In addition to this, a small, but important part of the role will involve office and facilities management tasks in order to keep the office functioning effectively. A key focus of this role initially for the successful candidate will be to build upon internal communication, employee wellbeing, morale building and cultural aspects of the role along with continuing the skills/succession planning project and related learning and development plans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing HR support and guidance to management and employees.
- Talent acquisition, to include end to end recruitment and selection, working with Team Managers to ensure business needs are met.
- Finalise and maintain skills matrix for the company.
- Onboarding new employees with appropriate inductions.
- Developing employees, career path succession planning, managing the appraisal process, understanding skills gaps and managing associated training / coaching.
- Driving a high performance culture that emphasises productivity and quality.
- Managing any employee relations including, employee absence, disciplinary, performance and grievances.
- Update and maintain the HR System and up to date organisation chart.
- Setting up new employees on the HR system and feed into to payroll along with any other payroll related changes.
- Managing HR policies and procedures and keeping them up to date.
- Developing a Wellbeing Strategy for the company.
- Developing a Reward and Recognition Strategy for the company.
- Participating as needed in special department projects.
- Fair Employment Monitoring, annual and Article 55 reporting.
- Any other duties as requested by management including administrative support for Directors when needed, e.g. assisting in the organisation of the Christmas party.
- Support health, safety and compliance within the workplace ensuring standards are consistently adhered to, including maintaining risk assessments and maintenance of office equipment.
- Co-ordinating fire warden and first aid roles.
- Order any stationery or equipment required, including laptops.
- Ensure kitchen supplies are replenished.
- Ensure that any issues with facilities or office are dealt with, including liaising with cleaning company, property management company and any other trades where necessary to resolve problems in the office.
- Any other duties as requested including ad hoc meter readings, meet and greet of visitors, updating fixed asset register, organising larger expense bookings in line with expenses policy, reconciling company credit card for office related expenditure.
Based in central Belfast.
Apply for this position
Please include your contact details and which position your are applying for
Click here to send us your cv, please include your contact details.
Firemelon is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.