Customer Support Specialist
Belfast, UK, Full Time.
Firemelon is the UK leading provider of software solutions to the Travel and Pet Insurance sectors. We are on a mission to grow over future years, diversifying product ranges with our clients and bringing on board new clients in the UK and across the world.
We have helped to drive a total transformation of the travel insurance market over 20 years with a significant proportion of both sales and claims in the UK being processed through Magenta. The industry has changed from travel agency and high street broker business to growth through call centre sales and online distribution. More recently in the UK there has been a focus on aggregator business and part of our solution is to integrate and work closely with those comparison sites. Pet insurance is a growing market for us and it’s exciting times to be expanding this area of our business.
We have a brilliant team in Belfast who are committed to providing our clients with a quality, yet cost effective solution to meet their needs and helping those clients get the best out of that system.
This is a new role within a growing company. Firemelon require a Customer Support Specialist to support our B2B clients. The role involves direct communication with our business customers through phone, JIRA support tickets and email, including direct client meetings where appropriate. From managing our customer application services through Microsoft Azure to investigating issues via SOAP, SQL and other essential tool sets. Above all, a high level of Customer Service to ensure our clients are supported in every aspect of their business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working to resolve customers’ technical problems delivered through Customer Portal, Email and Phone.
- Provide expert solutions to complex problems in a timely manner by receiving, clarifying and investigating incidents.
- Offer complete and timely explanations to customers throughout the incident resolution process and ensure that customers fully
understand issue, its resolutions and means for prevention.
- Performing First Time Fix on incidents raised to the team in a professional and customer friendly manner.
- Talking to clients and end users to gather information and determine the issue by evaluating and analysing the symptoms.
- Testing and recreating customer journeys as part of the troubleshooting process.
- Completing a high level of troubleshooting before escalating.
- Other ad-hoc activities as required.
The Customer Support Specialist will work shifts to cover the core business hours of 08.00 to 18.00, Monday to Friday. There may be a requirement to provide application
support outside of the normal working hours and weekends.
You will have at least one year’s commercial work experience in a similar role. You should be passionate about technology and comfortable working within a technology environment helping B2B customers to effectively use the technical services the company provides them with. You should be a natural problem solver, outgoing, with the ability to provide excellent customer service using a variety of media including telephone and email. You should proactively provide solutions to your manager to reduce ticket themes that reoccur on a regular basis.
In return you will get to work in our growing friendly team based in our beautiful offices in Belfast city centre. You will work in an informal working environment, have access to training and free refreshments alongside annual salary reviews, a healthcare plan and access to 24/7 helpline services including GP and Psychological wellbeing.